What to Bring on your Venice FL deep sea fishing trip
What I provide:
- I provide the boat, all tackle, all the proper bait,
- Top-of-the-line rods and reels
- Bags to take your catch home in.
- A cooler to keep fish on ice while on the boat but bring your own as well.
- A camera in case you forget!
- I will clean and bag all your catch for you.
- No Fishing License required… I pay an annual fee that covers up to four anglers.
What You Bring:
- Bring what ever your crew desires to eat.
- Lots and lots of water!
- Don’t forget a hat, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Dress appropriately
- In the winter wear layers to shed as the day goes on.
- In the summer a long sleeve shirt can save the day.
- Chance of rain: rain gear
- A small cooler to keep and transport your catch cold.
- A camera!
What NOT to bring:
- Black sole shoes are a no no.
- A dog
- More than 4 people total
Can I bring alcohol?
Alcohol is fine but I don’t encourage it and as long as you have a beer for the Captain while cleaning your catch!!!! Please use in moderation to avoid tripping or falling overboard. Please read the article: heat & alcohol, a dangerous combination.
Afterwards, we’ll post your pictures on our Web Gallery with your permission.
Dress in layers since the temperature can change drastically, especially in the spring and fall.
Note: If you are susceptible to seasickness, take seasickness medication before you leave the dock. There are very effective medications available over the counter or by prescription – ask your doctor for recommendations.